Blogger templates

Monday 30 January 2017

THEY SAY

They say, “Be betrayed once, get your heart broken,
For once, let your screams, make you awoken,
Then you will know why we smoke the night away,
Then, ask us why we drink all through the day.”

They say, “Just once, be left all alone,
Oh once, find yourself in the depressed zone,
Stand abandoned in an over-crowded street,
a place where you feel no cold, and no heat.”

And so, quietly, I wait for that day to come,
the day when all of my senses go numb,
the day when tears just mix with the rain,
I’m filled with heartbreak, hurt and pain

The day comes, soon enough, when I feel it too,
Unsurprisingly, the same things I want to do,
But I will get past it, convincingly I smile,
Sure, I realise, it will take me a long while.

Wounds only heal when kept uncovered,
Scars appear, only once you have suffered,
And pain, oh pain, demands to be felt,
You can’t run away from the cards you are dealt


One day, the moon goes down, I see the sun rise,
Its sharp, blinding rays, burn all the binding ties,
I find myself walking back up to "they",
With new-found confidence, to show them the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment