Blogger templates

Monday 23 January 2017

AN ODE TO MER-DER

A night of drinking, an awkward morning-after,
You were nothing, but a pretty-boy fling,
I was attracted to your carefree laughter,
But not looking for an attached string

Then, I came across you at my new job,
Looking like the dreamy lead of a boy band,
You stopped me, and locked the door knob,
I wondered, “Where in the World did I land?”

But a few uneventful weeks down the line,
My road of life took an unexpected turn,
“Pick Me”, I found myself begging you to be mine,
And broken-hearted, I saw the damn bridge burn.

Then as a few more months went passing by,
When you and I could no longer stay away,
And commitment phobia had to say goodbye,
“Yes” to our dream house I got you to say.

I never dreamt of a fancy church wedding,
What mattered most was our sacred promise,
So with the post-it marriage and a simple ring,
We sealed our vows with a magical kiss

As always, life wasn’t a bed full of roses,
We couldn’t throw away each prickly thorn,
But with baby Zola and our family poses,
A set of adopted parents had been born

Recorded inside the flat screen television,
Scripted romance became relationship goals,
As admiring fans, their love story envision,
And Mer and Der touched countless souls.


No comments:

Post a Comment