Blogger templates

Monday 23 October 2017

Teaching

I grew up, with one dream,
To teach,
To teach my daughter she is no less,
Than a hurricane on a calm night,
Than the rising sun, sharp and bright.

And it happened, it came true,
She learnt,
She learnt, that she was above,
Above any man she had ever seen,
Above any man, wherever she had been.

And she believed me, dream achieved,
I relaxed,
I relaxed and basked in the glory,
Of a daughter no less that a friggin trophy,
MD, CEO, she climbed, oh my Sophie.

Eyes closed, now, but I had never noticed,
I had forgotten,
Forgotten I had a son, forgotten she had a brother,
I never taught him he could be something,
Other than his sister’s shadow, a nothing.

For her, he was merely a man, to be defeated.
Just a man, who needed to see she was no less,
I got so blind in my dream, in my point,
I forgot to teach my son he could also be the Sun,
Not the earth, just revolving around a woman.

And so it happened, as another generation passed,
Another failed,
Failed in teaching, EQUALITY,
Focused, again, on just one gender, one sex,

Forgetting, both together, as one, make the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment