Blogger templates

Monday 20 March 2017

The Search

 I look in crannies, and in nooks, 
I check in drawers, and in hooks, 

see for myself, behind the big drapes, 
in boxes of all sizes, and all shapes
I wonder what I look for though, 

Was it a friend, or a foe?
Or maybe, it was both yin and yang, 
and then I remember, with a sharp pang

It is no thing, it has no name, 

it is different from me, yet somehow same, 
Right becomes left, and left is right, 
with it, in the end, I have to fight

It pulls me down, takes me high, 

But it cannot hide, it cannot lie, 
the world, can, become obsolete, 
As long as, its eyes, I can meet

It is after all, myself in the mirror, 

Lost and found, both together, 
I for her, and she for me, 
Competitors, supporters, remain we.

No comments:

Post a Comment