Blogger templates

Sunday 12 March 2017

GROWING UP


Growing up, I was surrounded by princesses,
with big pretty eyes, and such long tresses,
Ones who were mesmerizing and fragile,
to get over their beauty, it took me a while

And so, Disney world, taught me hope,
of a man, with whom I would elope,
It became the only dream, my only desire,
Finding him, became a need, dire

Until I turned eleven, and we were introduced,
She who, only her books seduced,
She who taught me to be smart first of all,
Knowledge, not heels, would make me tall

With her bushy hair, and large front teeth,
Hiding a courageous, loving heart beneath,
Witty, and smart, yet others she admired,
Studying, helping, somehow still never tired.

She spoke to me, on another level,
And for the first time, in love with myself I fell,
found something more special than superficial,
I befriended Hermione and her world so real


And so began my journey, of discovery,
to meet my soul mate, was no longer a hurry,
I focused on more than just dresses and boys,
in books, and friends, I found worldly joys.

No comments:

Post a Comment